If you’ve ever seen a Komodo up close, you’d have to admit that they are not nature’s loveliest creation. But did you know:
- If you get bitten by a Komodo, you’ll probably die from all the germs that mouth holds even if you get away!
- Males grow to around 3 metres (10ft) at maturity.
- Komodos are exceptional swimmers, able to swim from island to island, so it’s pointless heading for the water.
- Komodos can hit better than 20kph (13mph) from a standing start. The good news is that humans can run faster and much further… but only if they’re fit!
- Komododo dragons can reproduce asexually OR sexually. (More good news there because asexual reproduction produces only females and they only grow to 2 metres (6’6″).
Oh and about those mouth germs… apparently Komodos suffer from the worst ‘morning breath’ 24 hours a day!
Just thought you’d want to know these facts before your next trip to Bali 🙂